Quavo was reportedly present during the armed robbery on a Miami yacht on Sunday evening. According to Page Six, the Miami-Dade Police Department identified two suspects in connection with the alleged crime.
RELATED: Who Is Erica Fontaine? Gymnast Quavo spotted at Usher’s concert (VIDEO)
Details regarding the alleged incident
According to the police department, the incident began when the two men were reportedly informed that their time to rent the yacht “was running out.” The men reportedly became “very aggressive” with the boat’s captain and crew.
Additionally, he demanded a refund and allegedly began making “verbal threats” to the crew onboard.
The yacht’s captain alleged that one of the men told him he would “kill” him and even threatened to “throw him off the boat”.
In addition, the suspect allegedly took the captain’s wallet and phone from his pocket. According to Local10, the wallet contained around $3,500.
Quavo’s connection to alleged robbery unclear
The outlet reports that the men have been identified as 39-year-old Cornell A. Whitfield and 32-year-old Anteneh A.J. Done as workneh. However, his connection to Quavo and the rapper’s involvement in the alleged crime is unclear.
Despite this, Miami-Dade officers eventually took “several men” into custody, including Quavo, when they arrived at the boat’s location.
“Suddenly, a police boat appeared. People were raising their hands, so we were wondering what was going on,” Terrence Quake, a Miami bystander, told Local10. “It was kind of an ambush from both sides and it was an insane sight, not gonna lie.”
Additionally, a source present during the men’s custody told Page Six that the rapper was seen with “his hands zip-tied behind his back.”
According to the anonymous source, the authorities eventually let the “Greatness” rapper go.
,[Police] let [Quavo] Go later and he and his crew go into these big black SUVs with black windows… [and a] Bunch of women.
In addition, the outlet reports that no arrests were made in connection with the robbery due to “conflicting statements”. Additionally, those who had been detained were “released” by officers and left the area “without incident”.
Additionally, it has also been learned that none of the security cameras were able to record video of the incident. Despite this, Local10 reports that the investigation into the robbery will “continue”.