You Weekly has an affiliate partnership so we may receive compensation for certain links to products and services.
If you want to show off your figure, choosing form-fitting pieces is the way to go — but just because something fits on the snug side, doesn’t mean it’s the most flattering. We actually find some looser styles to be more confidence boosting, but you need to know which details to pay attention to.
You can go for loose dresses that have the perfect neckline to slim down your overall figure – or some sort of waist-sinking detail to create a flattering silhouette. Same goes for tops, bottoms and rompers! It takes the right eye to know which loose styles to choose for summer, and we have some expertise in this area. To help you out, we’ve put together a collection of the best clothes for summer that are loose, comfortable and can make you look sleek and streamlined. Check them all out below!
On the top
1. Whether you choose to wear this Treasure & Bond tunic over the top or tuck it into your bottoms, it’s a solid foundation you can count on all season long — $55 At Nordstrom!
2. Drawstring detail on this CiCiBird button-down short-sleeve top creates a peplum fit that’s extra slimming – $27 on Amazon!
3. this cute top from Remidu also has a peplum vibe, but it starts with a shorter cropped hem $27 on Amazon!
4. A must-have top for summer is a classic, oversized button-down like this one Dokotu that can be styled in many different ways – Getting Started $34 on Amazon!
5. This knit from West The Meihuida is interesting because it has a relaxed fit, but it still shows off skin in a beautiful way – $20 on Amazon!
6. Wear this sheer mesh short-sleeve tee WDIRARA on a bralette and some high-waisted shorts and you’re in business— $33 on Amazon!
7. Frocks with an A-line silhouette are always flattering, even when they have a loose fit like this linen midi dress – $89 At Nordstrom!
8. While this Caslon shirtdress is pretty eye-catching, there’s a tie detail at the waist that puts you off a bit – $89 At Nordstrom!
9. Keep your look simple and classic in this DKNY linen maxi dress that’s light as air — $115 At Nordstrom!
10. Show off your legs in this adorable mini shirtdress from Free People that’s effortlessly feminine. $108 At Nordstrom!
11. This Treasure & Bond knit maxi dress is the ultimate example of looser style that’s seriously slimming – $39 At Nordstrom!
rompers and jumpsuits
12. This petite Topshop romper is so loose, it almost looks like a mini dress — but the elastic details still provide a flattering silhouette — Originally $68, now $58 At Nordstrom!
13. We’re seriously in love with the design of this Lucky Brand jumpsuit, which looks more like a top and wide-leg pants combo rather than a single piece – $139 At Nordstrom!
14. With loose rompers, you’ll want to look for waist-sinking details like the tie belt that comes with this fraughty by J Style – $99 At Nordstrom!
pants and denim
15. When it’s especially warm outside, wear these lightweight, wide-leg pants with breezy lace details down the sides from Rip Curl – $70 At Nordstrom!
16. These wide-leg jeans from Billabong are balanced and ultra-slimming thanks to their fitted high-waist cut $90 At Nordstrom!
17. Looser fits around their thighs AGOLDE High-waisted shorts can actually make your legs look longer — $138 At Nordstrom!
18. Reviewers say these linen pants from Open Edit are comfortable and flatter the waist – $69 At Nordstrom!
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Check out these related product articles below:
See more of our picks and deals Here,
This post is brought to you by the Us Weekly Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services that our readers may find interesting and useful, such as wedding-guest dresses, purses, plus-size swimsuits, women’s sneakers, bridal shapewear, and everything else in your life. Perfect gift idea for anyone. Product and service selections, however, are not intended to be endorsed in any way by Us Weekly or any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team can receive products from manufacturers for testing free of charge. In addition, when you click on a link and then purchase a product featured in an article, we receive compensation weekly from the manufacturer of the products we write about. It does not make our decision about whether a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop With Us operates independently from an advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at ShopWithUs@usmagazine.com. happy shopping!